Our orphanage is set within Snehalaya, a community project and safe haven for disabled, abused or destitute children, homeless women and the aged.
These residents live together as families in individual cottages. They receive love, care, medicine, food, shelter, stimulation, support and more to feel loved, safe and dignified.
Some of our orphanage volunteering roles
Click the tabs below
General orphanage volunteers are essential to the well-being of our children.
Tasks, depending on your experience and expectations, usually involve the following:
- Playing with children using toys and board games
- Arranging sports games in our playing fields
- Helping children learn at the school
- Helping children stay clean and washed
- Promoting basic self-hygiene and health
- Teaching basic subjects such as common English words, numbers, counting, colours, shapes, animals and sounds
- Helping children express themselves through music, drawing, drama and art
- And many other fun and simple ways to help our children learn and grow